ScribbleChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ScribbleChat

Readers and Aspiring Writers: Welcome Home!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the notebook writer
the notebook writer

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-03-19

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Empty
PostSubject: (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph   (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:17 am

Rumph
Imagination begins at the heart

Prologue:

Arielle was a girl nearly 16 in her age. She was bright and beautiful and full of excitement. She had long blonde hair and shared many interests with her 4 best friends, Amanda, Ashanti, Arabella, and Ashley. In school they were know as the 5 As. They were all cheerleaders and boys called them 24/7. No one hated them because they were so nice and they invited everyone to their parties, not only the “popular” people which was them, three other girls that were named Rachel, Carol, and Erica, and the football players.
Arielle had blond hair, Amanda had red hair, and Ashanti’s was natural black-brown but she died it fire red with black low-lights. Arabella had a chocolate color, and Ashley’s was black as her main color and then blonde, pink, red, brown, blue, and purple as highlights. They were all at least 5’5” and all the girls had dance, gymnastics, basketball, tennis, and cheerleading together. Ashanti and Arielle had singing lessons and ball room dancing on Sundays, Amanda and Ashley were skateboarding with their boyfriends on Wednesdays, and Arabella went to parties at her boyfriends place on Fridays. (Ashley and Arabella were twins.)
As for the main character, Arielle, she had an older brother, Matt that all her friends and everyone in school crushed on. Matt was the senior football star of their school and so he went to the gym every other day. He was very handsome with blonde hair and blue eyes. He had a tattoo of a cross on his back too. She also had four sisters. One older, her name was Angel. Angel was in collage at Harvard and was coming home next year for her 22nd birthday. Two of them were younger twins, Amy and May. Amy would be the future “A” and May would be like Angel. And the other one was Ashanti. Her parents were workaholics. Their mother Mary was a famous designer, and Arielle’s father, Paul, was stuck owning his hotels across the world. Her house was a large mansion with one butler, one nanny, and 3 maids. When her parents were both out on business trips she would throw a party. But her parents were gone so often that Paul and Mary each owned 3 more houses at their most visited places.
Arielle longed for something more than just having a “perfect” life. Perfect was starting to get boring, even though that many girls longed to be a heirs living in a 5 star house with maids, and butlers, and a boyfriend that liked you for you not your money or fame. No. Arielle wanted adventure. She wondered and wondered every day what it would be like if she had a challenge in life. The only thing that was a struggle in her life was when her grandmother died.

Chapter 1

Dear diary, January 1st, 2007
Today’s my Birthday and this used to be my Grandmother’s diary. Reading the rest of the entry’s from her, she had a really exiting life. Or at least a dream. She was talking about Rumph. It sounds like a wonderful place. It would be fun to see the elf princess Maline and the prince too. I wanna see the mermaids and unicorns and trolls and everything else. But anyways, my life is just perfect. It’s 7:00 in the morning and I just came home from the New Year’s party at my boyfriend’s house with my friends and their boyfriends. But right after the party my pap came over and gave me this diary and he said that it was the key to a life away from my own. I had no idea what he meant until I started reading. I felt happy like there was something magical out there. My friends and I are going out to eat for lunch today for my birthday and then after my boyfriend has a surprise for me. But I’m really tired cause I’ve been up all night so I’ll write tomorrow.
I heart you ~ Arielle

Arielle woke up and she found herself sleeping on a pile of very soft leaves behind a crystal clear waterfall and three little fairies looking at her. They laughed in high pitched voices. She also heard birds singing and when she sat up she saw a woman with 10 arms and two heads(three eyes and two mouths on each head)playing the violin, while taking care of baby twins, and Frisbee with a dog. At least she thought it was a Cerberus. It looked like a bee compared to the ones she had seen in movies such as Hercules or Harry Potter.
Once Arielle caught her sight and conscience, she was puzzled that she woke up in a place where her grandmamma had written about in the diary. She stood up and looked behind her. A centaur was looking at her. Arielle’s eye’s widened. She’s read about ancient Greek and Roman mythology before but she thought they were myths.
“How do you do ma’am?” the centaur greeted her with a low bow, “My name is Percy. You must be Arielle. Your grandmother told us a lot about you when she was still alive. Yes. Well what an honor it is to finally meet the heiress of Rumph.”
“Ummm,” Arielle was puzzled and didn’t know what to say. “Hi. Uhhh, I’m not exactly what to think.” She was so confused she didn’t even get her words straight. She was still trying to figure out where she was exactly. First I read the diary. Then I wrote in it. Then I fell asleep. Now I’m here. She looked around hoping to find a portal of some kind so she could get back home.
“Hop on my back. You look a little dizzy. I’ll take you around so you can ask some questions.” Percy bent down and Arielle gradually made it on to his back. She looked around and saw the most beautiful wonderland. It seemed as though she was in the Garden of Eden. There were many fruits, none of them like any of the ones she had seen before. And all the animals weren’t normal either. There were unicorns, fairies, mermaids, trolls, and some she had never read about before. She looked up in the tree and there was a pink bird with a parrot nose and a tail long enough to make it half way down the tree.
When they made it to the front of the waterfall there was a small pond under it. She realized that only magic would be able to keep the powerful waterfall from over flooding the pond. The pond held blue frogs and fish that jumped 5 feet in the air. The pond wasn’t big enough to hold mermaids and see monsters; they were in the ocean on the low part of the land. She also saw a desert, a city, and a fiery place at the end of the land far, far away. “So, what is this place anyways?” she finally woke up enough to say something without making a fool of herself.
“Well we’re in the woodlands in Rumph.” He looked at her knowing what she meant, and that wasn’t the answer to her question. “Rumph is your life.”
“Ok and what exactly does that mean?”
“It means that since your life is perfect because everything here seems to be very peaceful, but as soon as something comes up in your life that you can’t deal with. We can’t deal with the battle that goes on here.” Arielle gave him a puzzled look. “This is your life. Your thoughts, your imagination. You see?”
“Grandmamma ‘made’ this place. I just read it. This isn’t my life.” She paused. “It can’t be.”
That evening she wondered where the door to home was. “Honey, why don’t you just go to sleep. We’ll check later,” said the woman with 10 arms. Her name was Maria, just like her great grandmother. So she went behind the waterfall and fell asleep. She woke up from her cell phone. She was confused once again but just answered her cell.
“Hello.”
“Hey there girl. Sorry if I woke you up, but it was getting late and we wanted to know if you were still up for lunch?” Arabella said. Arielle heard the other girls in the background.
“Yeah, I’ll be there in thirty minutes,” then she hung up the phone once she got an “Ok, see you then.” After she hung up she wrote in the book again.

Dear Diary, January 1st 2007
???????
I heart you ~ Arielle

After she was done with lunch she went to her boyfriend’s house and they watched a movie then went out to dinner. Her boyfriend’s name was Charlie. He had black hair and was the star of the hokey team. Arielle liked him a lot but they’d always fight, and when they went to parties they’d never leave together. They mostly fought because he looked at other girls. They broke up once because she went to his apartment and he and a girl who looked about twenty were making out on the couch. She decided to give him another chance. Her friends thought of him as a player. Arielle knew he was too. But surprisingly enough they’ve been together for three years.
Right then another girl came in the room.
“Sweetoms, I’m home!” the girl said.
“Sweetoms?” Arielle said.
“Ummm, I think she got the wrong apartment. I’ll go tell her to leave.” Charlie left to see the other girl.

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Ariellels0<Arielle(mystacal beauty)

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Ashantiiq8<Ashanti (singer/dancer)

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Arabellayf0<Arabella (the cute and cudly during by day, party animal by night)

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Ashleyqg8<Ashley (more of a skater girl)

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Amandaib9<Amanada (more of a surfer girl)

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Mattyc1<matt(arielle & ashanti's brother)
Back to top Go down
C.o.o.k.i.e.M.o.n.s.t.e.r
C.o.o.k.i.e.M.o.n.s.t.e.r

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph   (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Woah.
I like how you designed the characters.

And I liked the story alot, alot!
lol.

Good work!
Back to top Go down
the notebook writer
the notebook writer

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph   (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 9:07 am

thanks ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph   (proludge & chapter 1) Rumph Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(proludge & chapter 1) Rumph
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ScribbleChat :: ScribbleChat Writing Corner :: Long Stories-
Jump to: