ScribbleChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ScribbleChat

Readers and Aspiring Writers: Welcome Home!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlie's Big Blunder

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tears_of_Thoth
Admin
Admin
Tears_of_Thoth

Female
Number of posts : 215
Location : I'll give you a cookie for guessing. Which means a lot of cookies.
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Charlie's Big Blunder Empty
PostSubject: Charlie's Big Blunder   Charlie's Big Blunder Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 5:51 pm

This is a very short, fable-type story I had to write for English class at my old school. It is one of a few stories I've written that is not set in an imaginary utopia or ancient Egypt.
Here goes...

"Did I really win?" Charlie said excitedly into the phone.
"Yes, sir, you are our grand prize winner! You will receive three million dollars and a brand new silver Ferrari," said the television announcer at the other end of the line.
Charlie dropped the phone and let out several whoops. "I just won a Ferrari, I just won a Ferrari, I just won a Ferrari...", he chanted as he leaped around the room, giddy at his good fortune.
But he was a fool- and an awfully large one at that. After he recieved the prize money and Ferrari, he drove to the Florida Keys and bought the biggest house that he could afford with half of his prize money. Unfortunately for him, he completely forgot to buy hurricane insurance for both the house and Ferrari.
The years flew by. He spent the rest of the prize money on parties, gourmet food, expensive entertainment, and designer fashions.
But Wilma came.
Charlie was evacuated, but had to watch his condo and Ferrari wash away, along with most of his other possessions.
Since he hadn't bought hurricane insurance so many years before, he was not just homeless and car-less, but also penniless.
The moral of this story is: Fools and money should be kept separate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/merytre_nilesong
C.o.o.k.i.e.M.o.n.s.t.e.r
C.o.o.k.i.e.M.o.n.s.t.e.r

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Charlie's Big Blunder   Charlie's Big Blunder Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Haha....that was a really good story. I dont see anything wrong with it at all. Everything is perfect!
Back to top Go down
Clunkyman
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Clunkyman

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Charlie's Big Blunder   Charlie's Big Blunder Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Ha ha! I laugh at you, Charlie! That's weird, in a story for my old school, I used the same name, "Charlie," I'm getting a little weirded out on how alike we are...
Back to top Go down
Kristi
Kristi

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Charlie's Big Blunder   Charlie's Big Blunder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:40 am

Wow.. you used the same name... lol, that's not that weird.

Good story Alanna.

I was about to say "who's Wilma?" lol, nvm. Wow, dumb moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlie's Big Blunder   Charlie's Big Blunder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlie's Big Blunder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ScribbleChat :: ScribbleChat Writing Corner :: Short Stories-
Jump to: